See our complete list of events!
To sign up for these programs please call 724-547-3850, stop by our circulation desk, or sign up on our events page!
For more weekly programs click on our programs and services tab above!
Anime Club is cancelled for March 14.
Help Wanted – Circulation Clerk
The Circulation Clerk provides direct service to patrons and performs basic clerical and circulation related tasks
- Check in and check out of materials and
- Correctly shelves and organizes library materials in a timely manner
- Assists patrons in the use of library equipment, including computers and WiFi
- Issues and renews library cards
- Processes holds and performs telephone notifications
- Shelves materials, and checks item order called “reading” the shelves
- Inspects materials for damage and makes recommendations for repair or withdrawal
- Does keyboarding and filing, and supply replenishment
- Assists with creating library displays as needed
- Assists in resolving patron disputes in the absence of a supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work with patrons in a tactful, friendly, welcoming and gracious manner
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to contribute to a positive work culture that fosters excellent customer service and teamwork
- Knowledge of current library practices
- Knowledge of personal computers and related hardware, email, the Internet, software, document imaging, etc.
- Ability to learn computer programs or software and use them effectively
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities within an assigned framework
- Skill in checking information for accuracy and completeness and correcting errors
- Ability to excel as a productive and positive team member
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, patrons, and the public
- High School diploma or equivalent required, some secondary education preferred
- At least one year of customer service experience required. Library experience preferred.
- The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle items.
- The employee must be able to speak and hear.
- Extended periods of standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, and repetitive hand work are required.
- Extended periods of sitting and using computers are common.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be available evenings and Saturdays.
To apply, complete an employment application form at the library and submit a resume. Compensation starts at $7.25/hour.
How many cell phones and ink jet printer cartridges can we recycle by before Earth Day/April 22?
Friday, March 17, 6 p.m.
Mt. Pleasant Firemen’s Central Station
Across the parking lot from the library at 100 S. Church Street
$35 must pre-register at the library, spaces is limited
All supplies provided – paint a bunny for your door! Finger food and refreshments compliments of the Friends of Mount Pleasant Public Library
Wear GREEN for St. Patrick’s Day! BYOB welcome.
Benefits Mount Pleasant Public Library
Book, Bake and Craft Super Sale!
April 10-13 during library hours. Our biggest yet!
Sponsored by Friends of Mount Pleasant Public Library
Spend Earth Day with us at Geyer PAC in Scottdale!
Mount Pleasant and Scottdale Libraries are teaming up with Jacobs Creek Watershed Association to celebrate Earth Day with a showing of Wall-E and other fun activities at the Geyer Performing Arts Center on Pittsburgh Street in Scottdale, Sunday, April 23. More details to follow!
Groups and Events
Anime Club: Check out the latest schedule of events on our Facebook Page!