How do I get a library card?
- Photo identification must be shown with a current address.
- Children (under 18) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- A fee of $1.00 applies to replace a lost card.
Who is eligible for a library card?
- All residents of Pennsylvania are entitled to a free library card.
- Provisional patron cards are available for PA visitors.
- Patrons must present their library card to borrow any library materials.
- Most materials are checked out for a period of two weeks.
- Renewals may be made in person, online, or by phone. Materials may be renewed for another two-week period as long as there are no reserves on that item.
- Reserves may be placed on materials that are currently checked out by other patrons. The library will notify you when the item becomes available. Names are placed on the reserve list in order in which they are received.
To Return Material:
- Library materials are to be returned to the circulation desk.
- After hours, library materials may be returned in the book drop located near the front door.
- Ebooks and Eaudio books automatically disappear from your device when they are due.
- Items borrowed from Mount Pleasant may be returned to any Westmoreland County Library.
Overdue Fines, Damaged or Lost Items:
- The borrower is responsible to return items on or before their due date.
- Adult materials returned after their due date will accumulate a fine of 25 cents per day.
- Juvenile materials returned after their due date will accumulate a fine of 10 cents per day.
- Patrons are liable for payment of materials when lost or damaged.
- Patrons with unpaid overdue fines or non-payment of lost or damaged materials may be subject to a loss of library privileges.
Exam Proctoring Costs:
Our library provides exam proctoring services for up to two hours for $20 and $10 for every additional hour. We provide a space to take the exam and public computers with internet access, with a county library card. We will verify your ID, administer the exam as required by the educational facility and return the completed exam to said institution.
- Ask your educational institution for information about the exam you’ll be taking.
- Call us to to get our librarian’s information for approval by your educational facility. Call 724-547-3850 and ask for Director Mary Kaufman.
- The student is responsible for arranging the test or password be sent to the library director.
- Once our library is approved for proctoring your test, call 724-547-3850 to schedule your exam. We proctor exams from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursdays.
- On exam day, please bring a photo ID and whatever you need to complete the test.
- Adult and children’s reference sections.
- New Adult fiction and non-fiction titles.
- Periodical collection.
- Genealogical section.
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
- Computers with Internet access- Any patron using the computers must be familiar with the qualifications stated in the Library policy.
- POWER Library: Patrons may access this site from our homepage with a Mount Pleasant Public library card from the convenience of their own home.
- State and Federal tax forms available at tax time.
- Computerized card catalogAudio/Visual Collection: DVDs, Books on CD.
- eBooks and audiobooks available through OverDrive on our home page.
- Wi-Fi Connection: Connect to the Internet wirelessly through a laptop, phone, or gaming device.
Health Insurance Information
Help for uninsured residents to obtain more information about the Marketplace and the health insurance choices available to them.https://www.healthcare.gov/
To create an account go to https://www.healthcare.gov/blog/get-ready-for-the-marketplace-create-an-account/